Pennsylvania Poll: Clinton Leads Trump 44 Percent to 40 Percent

donald-trump-1722034_1280

A Susquehanna Polling and Research poll surveying 764 registered voters in Pennsylvania finds they support Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump, 44 percent to 40 percent, in a four-way race that also includes third-party candidates.

Article by Katie McHugh

Only 14 percent say they could still change their minds before election day, while 86 percent say they are strongly supporting their candidate.

Notably, 46 percent said they’ve made up their mind during the spring primaries, and 35 percent in the summer, for a total of 81 percent who essentially locked into their vote before the presidential debates. Nine percent said they made up their mind in the last debate and five percent in the last week.

Social media has played a massive role in the 2016 election as more traditional advertising avenues aren’t reaching voters: 79 percent said TV ads did not influence their vote, and 75 percent said that the presidential debates won’t influence their votes, either.

Sixty-three percent say they’re excited to vote for their candidate.

Twenty-three percent said the economy was the most important issue, with terrorism and national security placing second at 16 percent.

Of the registered voters Susquehanna Polling and Research surveyed, 47 percent were registered Democrats, 43 were registered Republicans, and 10 percent independents. The poll was conducted from Oct. 4 to Oct. 9 and has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.5 percent.